Would you

say something to someone if you saw that they were smoking cigs & pot while big & pregnant? my neighbour does and it annoys me big time but none of my biz. I don't get it.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think I would. I have tried in the past and the excuse I get from them is "my doctor says its not good for the baby for me to quit smoking"

I just let them do what they want.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 3:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Me personally...........

Nope.

I would seriously doubt that the person doesn't know the possible health risk of smoking while pregnant.. Me telling them wouldn't matter one way or the other.. And my opinion of it, especially since it's not a family member or close friend, wouldn't matter either. Me interjecting myself into their business could/would cause issues that I have no need or want for in my life..

Someone else's choices &/or actions may irritate the hell out of me sometimes. But their choices and actions are their's not mine, and they are the one's who have to live with them ( in a situation like this) not me. Sounds selfish.. Maybe.. But I can not live other people's lives, just as another can not live mine. I can not make another's choices, just as they can not make mine. So trying to do so, in the long run, is pointless and actually can cause more harm than good in some cases.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. It's not my business. I may not however, be able to keep a disgusted look off of my face.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No it's not my business. I hate people telling me what to do when I'm pregnant so i wont tell others what to do. I know what they are doing is harmful so even I did say something to you really think they are going to listen? I'm sure their doctor said no smoking but yet they ignored it what makes you think if someone else says it that they will actually listen.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I stay out of that stuff unless it is a close family member or close friend.
    MmmmMamaBear

Answer by MmmmMamaBear at 3:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Nope. It's not my business or my place to say anything to someone, and I would be a hypocrite if I said anything about smoking cigarettes because I smoked while I was pregnant (very little, but I still smoked some).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. It's none of my business. It's that persona's life and their child's life and if that's how they want to live it, then that's their choice. Saying something to them would probably just make them KEEP doing it rather than stop.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010