Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

is this a jerk fool or what. my son's dad hardly ever calls about him. he waits until weeks pass by before he calls to check on him. or he will text and says "Oh hows my kid doing". or he will call when he sees me somewhere. he doesnt contribute at all only $270 bucks since my son has been born.

i told him about my son's surgery he said its not a big deal and im overreacting about nothing. the surgery itself was not complicated but any good parent would be concerned when their child is having a surgery. and then he gets mad that im filing for child support. i take care my son work and go to college. but he then he tells "oh the govt. is paying majority".....mind you i never knew the government pays your car payments, car insurance, car warranty, credit card bills, gas, life insurance, etc............. i pay all of that myself. he isnt working he street hustles. and he belittles me to make him feel better about himself pitful. and everything is always my fault. my son is here now and i love him dearly. and i dont regret him at all. but i hate the day i saw his dad. im thinking about exempting him from my son's life totally. because all he is being a revolving door in and out my s


Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • sounds to me like he is! Mine has no contact just walked out on me and the boys, tried to fight me for custody durning the divorce, didnt win so he left! I could careless, we have no contact, it was very hard on the boys still is but now they are at a point they hate him, my ex always said I would turn them against him...LOL I didnt have to he did that all on his own.

    Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • It doesn't sound like you would get child support that really amounted to anything anyway. If your child is under 3 I would try to get him to sign off on his rights and be rid of him. He doesn't seem like much of a role model for your child. If he is older it would be a harder decision to write his dad off. Good luck

    Answer by sue118 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Losers should never breed. Not saying you or your son is a loser, but the father certainly is.

    Answer by GinNTonic at 3:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Take him to court for soul custody and maybe even getting his rights revoked.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Keep a log book of when he calls/texts and for what. Also when/if he ever sends any money. Also include the fact that your son had surgery and father was not there. All this will go a long way in court to get support, get sole custody, etc. Good Luck.

    Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Im in the same boat as you. I dont have any advice for you here other than just keep doing what you are doing. Go to court.

    Answer by mmarchey at 3:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Well don't respond to his message anymore. Tell him if he wants to know how he's son is doing then he can come see him and see for himself. Good for you on getting child support!

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Don't reply to his texts or phone calls.
    Go after him for child support.
    Get a pro bono attorney and get sole custody.
    Sorry you have to deal with douchy deadbeat dad. That sucks. My oldest daughters father has never seen her, talked to her, or even contributed a single penny towards her. I know how you feel. Can't believe he wasn't concerned about his surgery. That right there would have made me lose all contact with him.

    Answer by Nanixh at 4:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • He "street hustles"? Doesn't sound like somebody I'd want around anyways. Decide if you want him around your son. If so, get a child support order with visitation. If not, stop communicating with him.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

Next question in Relationships
Just a note...

Next question overall (Money & Work)
Diamond Creek Consultants?