is it normal to ?

get swollen feet and hands when im only 20 wks 2 day pregnant? I have gotten swollen feet with my 2 children but when i was 8 mos.. I have my drs. appt on the 29th but i dont know if i should be seen sooner.. or should i wait?

mommyof2chasmin

Asked by mommyof2chasmin at 3:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's normal, it could very well be water retention. I swelled up about 25 weeks. If your overly concerned it never hurts to go see the doctor. Better safe then sorry.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Sometimes swelling is an indication of high blood pressure.... Sometimes, if you're on your feet alot, and especially when it's hot, it just happens. But if you're worried, I'd say go see a doctor...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My first thought was high blood pressure. You might want to have that checked out.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't remember at what point in my pregnancy, I got swollen ankles. I think that it was sometime in the last trimester. My doctor told me to limit the intake of salt which seemed to help get the swelling down some. If you are really concerned, call your doctor and ask if it is normal at this point in the pregnancy. After all, he or she should be the specialist in things like these. Congratulations! Good luck, and I hope that everything turns out to be okay.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2010