How can I make my son more socialable?

My son would rather play Xbox or watch TV, I want him to be more socialable with other children.

Bricaskitty96

Asked by Bricaskitty96 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Take the X-box and or TV away, or set strict rules about when he can play or watch TV. If he goes over your set time then lock them away from him and dont let him play or watch at all......We had to limit our Son to only 2 hours of x-box a day or NO x-box at all. He learned to go outside and play, or read.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• He can't watch tv or play X-Box if it isn't there.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• XBox and TV are habits, and parents allow children to make habits. If it means that much to you give XBox and Tv a time limit, like 1 hr before lunch and 1 hr afterlunch, then no more. He will soon learn how to make himself happy without it. A few fun suggestions, sell the XBox and get a pool, a basketball, rollerblades, put some time into figuring out what he might like then help him help himself have some fun.
    raawmom

Answer by raawmom at 1:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2008