Have You Had Your Daughter's Ears Pierced? Are Yours?

I had a VERY strict Mother and couldn't get my ears pierced until I was 21. My S/O didn't want my 1st DD's pierced too young so I didn't get them done until she was 8 or so. My 2nd DD was a litttle younger around 3, neither one of them had any problems. I've just read you can get them done at your pediatricians or a dermatologist office now, I wish I had been able to do that with my girls, also with a numbing cream added before being pierced.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I waited for my daughter to ask. She was 6. My parents didn't let me so I had mind done when I was an adult. Didn't want to put my desires on my daughter. I wanted her to want to have it done. It's really only a matter of what you feel is right for you. Lots of babies have it done and it looks adorable!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Oh, and my mom got mine pierced when I was 9 months old.. Too bad because I was a tomboy as a kid and I hated wearing earings until I was 20ish..
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 3:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• She's not old enough to ask so she hasn't had them done yet, but I will get them done if she ever asks me no matter how old she is. I don't see anything wrong with wearing earrings. Make up is a different story, but earrings are okay.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I got mine pierced on my 13th birthday and my mom did hers along with me. When we came home my father was angry and called us cannibals!! LOL

I had my older daughter wait until she was 13. A rite of passage thing. I wish now that I'd made the age earlier. Don't know when I'll do it with DD5. Have to wait and see when she'll be ready.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 3:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I was 7 y/o when I got mine done. I was in 8th grade when I did the 2nd holes myself! (My parents had a fit- and they have since closed up) My 8 y/o dau just had hers done last weekend when she decided she was ready. She did good- & even cracked me up when she said she felt like she was stapled! :) I was shocked to learn from her today that a classmate of hers (3d grader) had a real tattoo on her foot! What parent in their right mind would let their elem. age child get a real tattoo?! Isnt that child abuse?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I had mine done when i was baout 11. When my daughter is old enough to ask we will get her's done.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I got mine done at ages 5, 10, 15, 17, and 20...I have a lot of holes in my ears lol. I did just recently get all three of my daughters' done...they had been begging me to let them do it for almost a year before I gave in. They are 4, 4, and 3. I didn't get the numbing cream or anything though...they didn't even flinch, I cried more than they did! lol. And I have not had any issues with them.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I had mine done when I was like 12. My girls are not and will not till the day they ask. Then we will discus how to take care of them and infections they can get.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I pierced her ears when she was 3.. But that's because I was sick in bed once and she got her own hair cut in the bathroom.. She cut it so short everybody thought she was a boy!! So I was really making a statement by piercing her ears lol!!

But if that hadn't happened, I would have let her do it whenever she asked.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 3:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Mine were pierced when I was about 3, and my DD's were done when she was 3 months old.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010