My husband leaves for the Navy soon how can I make this eaiser on our son?

He is such a daddys boy...Is not having his daddy around going to change him? If so how. Anyone going through this?
He stays at home with daddy all day when I am at school . I just don't know how hard he will take this and I am really worried.
What can I do to make him not feel abandoned (spl?)

SexxyMomma26

Asked by SexxyMomma26 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there isnt much you can do. you can simply try to explain to him where dads going, keep pictures of him around the house, or a home video of times they've spent together. it'll remind him of the times they had and make it a lil easier on him. maybe it wont affect him to much, but if he spends ALL of his time with dad, then ofcourse it will affect him. when your husbands leaves for the navy, it affects everyone in the house. everyone handles it differently. figuring out what works when he is gone is what your going to have to do. =/ different things work for different people. it wont be easy in the begining, but eventually you do get used to it.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• continued...
    my daughter was 3 months old when my husband went out to sea for 9 months. its really sad how she doesnt recognize her dad when he comes back. but its a sacrifice my husband knew he was going to have to make when he joined the navy.
    good luck. they have a navy wives group on here (cafemom). =D they are pretty helpful when you have questions. =D
    kiliki_malie

• When my husband went away, I made my son a Daddy Pillow. I took a t-shirt that Daddy always hung out in and stuffed a small pillow in it . Then I used Dad's after shave and sprinkled a little on it. I told my son that he should hug the Daddy Pillow if he just needed a Daddy hug. He used it ,went to sleep with it , loved it and had a picture that he was able to look at and carry all over and he did. When Dad came home he went to the pillow took the shirt put it on and when my son got home gave him a real hug. The pillow went away. I also made up( the House the Daddy Built not Jack..bed time story and every night told him it. The more I talked about Daddy the more he didn't hurt. If that wasn't enough I made a day today Daddy book so (Daddy knew what Baby boy was doing) I hope that helps. If you want you can e-mail me at Michellerosenj@yahoo.com P.S.
    michellerosenj

Answer by michellerosenj at 12:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2008