My 3wk old poops all the time!

How many times a day should my formula fed baby be pooping. He was breastfed for 2 weeks and now he is on mostly formula and poops almost every time I change his diaper (usually while I'm changing his diaper or right after, of course). He doesn't poop a lot each time and it's not too runny and not too hard. Is this okay? I had the opposite problem with my first child.

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Perfectly normal maybe you should let him finish his business before you go changing him.

Answer by older at 3:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If he is getting a bad diaper rash as well you could be over feeding him and his body doesn't have time to digest the food and it's just coming out of the other end.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Hahaha lots of poop is a good thing really =) As long as he's not getting a rash of course! Better than the opposite and being constipated!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It perfectly fine my son was the same way and he would always wait until like 10 minutes after I change a wet diaper to poop.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It's normal
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 7:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Oh this reminds me of my first born. I swear every single diaper had poo in it. I feel for you, but it's normal!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010