Malls on Halloween?

Anyone taking the kidlets to trick or treat at the mall? Anyone betting on how many malls will be handing out ONLY tootsi rolls?

grammamamma

Asked by grammamamma at 3:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• We did the mall thing once, and it was a hassle! We got stuck behind a boatload of strollers (as if a baby needs candy??) and people just were not seeming to move at all, so it was slowly shuffle from one store to the next all in a line...... NOT worth it!!!
    Anonymous

• They usually hand out gum too LOL. I take my son to the church for trunk or treating.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I take my daughter to the houses in our neighborhood.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I used to take my DS to the malls but they are HORRIBLE they are way over crowded and they only give once piece of cheep candy, so we stopped going.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have heard of Trunk or Treating here! I am going to look into it :)
    grammamamma

Comment by grammamamma (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Ours only gives crappy candy. And it is always overcrowded and hot.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No.. She's never gone trick-or-treating to a mall. We live in a gated neighborhood so it's so fun for her going with her friends, even at the age of 5 she's allowed, with me watching her with the other moms from a distance :)
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 4:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Probably not this year. I don't think the mall where I live now does that sort of stuff, but I know in my old town they did! They always had different varieties of candy, but it was the kind you didn't really want to eat. LOL!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I might, it depends on what night our trick or treat is in our neighborhood. Our local mall is having it on October 27, which very well may be the night my neighborhood does it, but we won't know until next week. But I know that each mall store owner or manager is responsible for the candy they hand out, since my husband owns a store at our mall, and already asked me to get him candy to hand out. And I won't be getting tootsie rolls lol.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I usually do but this year I'm taking my kids trick or treating in my old neighborhood.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010