Best home remedies for a horrible cold?

I've rested for 2 days, I've been drinking water and treating the symptoms with Dayquil and Nyquil. But I'm still stuffy, feverish, achy, and generally miserable.

Any ideas?

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 4:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I like elderberry syrup for my coughs. It seems to help me fight it better without it going into my lungs (I have asthma.)

I also get a product called Sinusin from Whole Foods. It seems to help quite a bit. Haven't the slightest idea of what is in it, but it works.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I am at the very end of one of the nastiest bugs I've ever had. I got sick three weeks ago, and for two solid weeks I was completely miserable. Even now, I still have a crackly cough and sinus pressure. I have been running a cool mist humidifier at night, which helps the most. Other than that, all the usual crap like nasal spray and cough syrup.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• orange juice, soup, and SLEEEEEP
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Go get Saline nose spray, or a netty pot, Tea with honey & Lemon, Chicken noodle soup, hot shower,Alka seltzer cold, Theraflu

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• sudafed for the congestion & garlic pills. Garlic is a natural antibiotic.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• for the fever take a luke warm lemon bath and drink hot lemon and honey water or tea! my hubby and i got sick about the same time with the same symptoms and i didnt take any meds i just rested and ate soup and drank tea and i got better in 3 days vs my hubby took cold meds day quil and night quil and it took over 2 weeks for him to get better! i would say stop the meds they are just delaying ur natural immune system from working! good luck! feel better soon!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• tea with honey and lemon. elderberry syrup.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010