Do you shop the day after Thanksgiving?

Me and my oldest daughter made this a tradition probably 8 years or so ago, she is now 15. Me and her get up early that morning and shop all day....We really enjoy it and it's our time. It's not really about the good deals we may or may not find, it's just a fun tradition we started....and getting our starbucks and eating out for lunch is fun too.

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 4:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• we go about 3 in the morning and wait to they open we know what we want and we are out of there by 8 a.m.
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yep, I started going when the kids were little because toys are so much cheaper then.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. The frustration from the large crowds and long lines and the pushing and shoving just isn't even worth it to me. I'll pay the extra bucks on something I really want rather than dealing with the hassel of Black Friday. I've went twice and I was more irritated than anything else. People are so rude.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My oldest & I started that several years ago we leave all the kids and husbands at home and boy do we shop. It is our special bonding time without kids which we rarely ever get to do we always have some one with us
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No.. We go shopping a week before Thanksgiving because it's too crowded right after. But it's still our fun tradition- we leave the house at 9ish in the morning and get back after dark! We have brunch, snack (starbucks) and dinner out. We started it last year when she was 4 and it was really fun!!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 4:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Wild horses couldn't drag me out that day! Or any shopping day like it.... I hate crowds, I'd probably end up socking somebody over the head for crowding me, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Momsangels, that is us too....I have 4 kids and there's always someone around, fussing, whining, etc....this is OUR time to get away from it, lol. I only go to the mall though, no Wal Mart and Toy stores.....lol....too much going on there. We go to the Children's Place evey year too and my daughter has a stuffed animal from there for every year we have gone.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Comment by luvmy4kidsinAL (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I wait until around 9 AM to go. Most of the crowds have gone home by then.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I often go with my daughter and inlaws just for the fun of it
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 4:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• NEVER - I can't stand the crowds of crazy people. I'd rather do my shopping when I'm not going to end up wanting to kill someone!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010