Baby Shower Games?

I am throwing a baby shower for my sister next weekend and am looking for ideas for easy and fun shower games. This is her 3rd child. She doesn't know the sex of the baby. Thanks for any ideas.

lovemygirls2007

Asked by lovemygirls2007 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the chocolate paper guess the chocolate game...it's a little nasty but it's fun...lol
    Guess Mom's Tummy Size: (Materials- String or yarn and scissors) Have each woman pull the yarn to the size they believe would fit perfectly around the Mother-To-Be's center of her pregnant tummy. After everyone cuts their string, compare the results to the Mommy-To-Be's actual tummy. Give a prize to the woman who is the most close! This is a baby shower favorite.
    How Many Baby Items Can You Name: (Materials- pad of paper and pen for each woman). Have each woman write down as many baby products as they can name (bottle, blanket, pacifier, etc) within 5 minutes. Sure it is easy at the beginning, but towards the last few minutes, the women will start racking their brains for more :) Give a prize to the woman who gets the most baby products named!
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Guess How Many Safety Pins: (Materials- Safety Pins and Jar). Pass around a jar full of baby safety pins. The one who guesses the closest wins a baby shower prize. A baby shower game favorite! WHEN WE DID THIS WE ISED M&M AND THE WINNER GOT TO KEEP THE BOTTLE FILLED WITH CANDY...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• As people arrive pin a clothespin on them and tell them if someone heres you say the word"baby" they can take your pin..the one with the most by such and such a time wins a prize. Other than that most baby shower games aren't fun. The dirty diaper one is just gross...and I HATED the toilet paper tummy one at my showers. I hope you find some good ones.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Unscramble baby terms
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• What types of things do you give as prizes?
    lovemygirls2007

Comment by lovemygirls2007 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Melt different candy bars in diapers and have everyone guess the candy bar.

Pull the labels from 10 jars of baby foods and have everyone guess the foods.

Get baby dolls/bears and have everyone see who is the fastest to diaper the dolls. (These diapers can be used for the candy bar game later)

Guess the sex/birth day and time. Have everyone buy a square for 1-10 dollars. Split the proceeds with mommy and the winner. Or you can do baby diaper bingo. For every 5 diapers a guest brings you get to mark a square, or bingo board...

Make gender neutral baby onesies with paint and hang to dry.

If coed- fill baby bottles with drink of choice and have the guys race to see who can finish first!

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• For prizes I did gift cards to Starbucks and little gift sets from Bath & Body. :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Match the baby animal to the mommy.
    Calf= Cow
    Colt= Horse
    Kid=goat
    etc
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Check out Oriental Trading's website. They have a lot of baby shower ideas on there.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Last year a friend of mine had a baby and when I did her baby shower I wrote down every comment she made as she opened the gifts and at the end I said this is what Amanda said to Josh on the night Skylar was conceived! I read them all off. It was sooo much fun! Wouldn't have done it in front of family though, it was all friends at the shower. Also the prizes (that went to the mom at the end) we're all bedroom toys lol. A bunch of our friends do the toy parties and she always plans to come but never can so we just gave her toys. That shower was the most fun one I have ever been to.
    Ashley21

Answer by Ashley21 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2010