Is your birthplace or hometown famous for anything?

I was born in Nurnberg (aka Nuremburg) Germany, and I hate to use the word "famous" (infamous is more appropriate), but the Nazi War Trials (aka The Nuremburg Trials) were held there. Long before I was born of course.

Current city of Amarillo, TX...I guess it's famous for The Big Texan steakhouse (72 oz steak) and maybe Cadillac Ranch? Route 66 runs through here as well.

Hometown of Clarksville, TN - Nothing that I can really think of, except that it neighbors Fort Campbell, KY. I haven't been there in 10 years though, so maybe it's famous for something else now, LOL.

Your turn.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The town I was born in: Texarkana, TX...is famous as being a twin city and having the main post office and federal building built dead center of the state line. The building houses both the Texas and the Arkansas government there.

Where I was raised: Nashville, AR...Is famous as hometown of Dillards. We had the first one. Texarkana had the second. Nashville also was home to the worlds largest track of dinosaur footprints.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Born in Columbus, GA--Ft Benning army base

Live in Orlando, where do you want me to start--Biggest is probably that we have Disney World and we are a large tourist city, and many others things as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Carlsbad, New Mexico for the carlsbad caverns.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have several hometowns lol. Canon City, Colorado is Prison Central of the US... 11 miles away from the Fed Supermax (where they put the very worst of the worst). Meeteetse, Wyoming is supposedly home of the world's oldest rodeo. It is also one of the only places the black footed ferrit lives (it's almost extinct). Cascade, Idaho doesn't have anything lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I dunno about my birth place, but my birth state is certainly famous for segregation. (Mississippi). My hometown is famous for Twilight (Port Angeles).
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Texarkana is also where the daughter on the TV show Castle is from.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Canton, OH -- The home of President McKinley and the Pro Football Hall of Fame plus singers Marilyn Manson, Maci Gray and Relient K.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• current city which I haaaaaaaaate to call home since I am miserable here is the birthplace of Bob Dylan. The city is obsessed and it sickens me, since Bob snubs us terribly and hasn't visited in like 30 years
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• A small civil war battle, but it stopped Sherman's march from our county, and kept the raiil lines open.
    Also, one of the last great places on earth (The Altamaha).
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 9:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Pittsburgh, PA: so much, I hardly know where to begin - periogies, Mr. Rogers, steel, Heinz ketchup.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010