How to handle a 9mo old and fireworks. They have woken him up everynight for the past week and now he is so tired, he doesn't know what he wants.

He goes to bed at 7.30pm and falls asleep without a problem. Then the noise starts. He wakes up and starts crying and won't go back to sleep. I've tried a pack n play in my room (which is a little quieter). I put him down to play, he cries, I hold him, he cries. He is just so tired the poor little guy. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried background noice machines? even something as simple as a fan that is not whisper quiet will drown out the outdoor noises. the raido on an easy listening or classical station will work to. I use a fan to block out the outdoor noises, or I wake up at every little thing.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I agree with vbruno. Try a fan or some music or a white noise machine to block out the noise.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I also agree with the first two answers. My children have to have a radio or cd playing all night on a very low volume so that other noises don't wake them. But there should be a noise ordenance around your area. Call the police station and find out what time that goes into affect. If the neighbors don't abide call the police. They shouldn't get in trouble but they will make them stop.
    BraykysMom

Answer by BraykysMom at 2:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2008