need help on a problem

My older sister got a text last night from her soon to be DD-inlaw. my sister had tears in her eyes cause she has been crying from this text witch it was pretty mean with cussing.. it said you F%^&* B&$%^ you need to control your f$%#$ing son.. you are the one that lets him drink, and its all your f^&*$ fault and so on.. witch my sister and my brotherilaw both babysit and she works even bought them a trailer house and i gave them a free car. but see she can go out and get drunk but when my nephew does it and he works she blames it all on my sister. my nepew is 26 and he does want a normal guy does you can't change them but i don't think i comfort my sister good enough cause i have never had to deal with this nasty lang and my sister crying.. CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• How should i comfort her on this problem a lil better cause i am still thinking about it and i feel soooo sorry that she has to go threw this mean R-ship with her soon to be inlaw DD?
    Anonymous

• That is a tough one. I think I would sit down and talk with her and let her know that she cares about her, and that she does not approve of the drinking, but that he is now a grown man and makes his own decisions. She might also say that if she feels that badly about him, she might want to put off the wedding till they get counseling.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Your sister owes no one an explanation as to what her grown son does or doesn't do. Its no ones business. The best advice that you can give your sister is to tell her those exact words to tell to anyone that tries to make her son's issues her problem...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 9:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would never -- and I mean NEVER -- speak to my MIL or future MIL that way. How incredibly disrespectful. She certainly doesn't sound like a healthy, balanced individual and if she's in a bad relationship - she plays her part too. Why would your sister tolerate this kind of treatment. I would tell this girl to grow up - she's an adult and if she doesn't like her relationship she needs to work it out herself and stop blaming other people. Your sister should stop being a doormat and letting this selfish, ungrateful woman walk all over her. Man.. if it was me I would say, "If I am so horrible, find another baby sitter. Give me back my car, and I expect you to find another trailer. Don't you EVER speak to me that way again."
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008