gall bladder removal (quite TMI) adult content

I happen to shave my lady parts.... always have, always will. About 3 years ago I had to have my gall bladder removed and it was done w/ a scope, the easy/fast way. Well last week my Mom had hers removed the same way. And when I was comforting her in the pre-op holding area the usual people came in ( the surgeon, the nurse putting IV in, etc) and then a lady w/ an electric shaver to shave her bikini area... I was like WTF? No one ever shaved mine but they didn't ASK me about it either, obviously I had nothing to shave. They didn't ask my Mom either.... do they assume since she's older she has a full bush? I was just surprised at the weird inconsistency but didn't have time to ask since I got the hell out of there before I saw more than I wanted to see of my Momma

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I think they just automatically do it. I wasn't asked and they did it anyways when I had mine out 6 years ago.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 5:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• They shaved me when I had my c-section... hahaha I know TMI. I hadn't done it cuz my belly was so big and it was hard to reach it. LOL. I think this is procedure.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i think it is normal
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 6:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010