Do your husbands try to make your son tougher than he really is???

My son's dad insists on taking my son to a haunted house even though he has expressed that he is scared and doesn't want to go. My son is 8 and has told him repeatedly that he doesn't want to go but he just told me "he'll be fine, I'm taking him anyway." Do all men try to make their boys into tough men before they're really ready for it???

And before you wonder why I'm not stopping him it's because it's his weekend with him and I can't control what happens during this time.

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES my husband wants my son to be the ideal Spanish macho men...but my son has a mind of his own...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Nope... My DH is a good man, but manly, he is not... He doesn't expect our boys to be either... As long as they are happy & healthy, he couldn't care less if they wear skirts!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• not at ALL. My husband is a burly mechanic and long haul truck driver with a son who does tap & jazz. ... they also work on cars together and love wrestling and other assorted manly things.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My husband has not tried to "toughen" our son, but he has asked me a few times not to "Mama him up too much", by which he means I should try not to overly baby him even though he is my youngest and smallest child.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No..

"toughness" is relative and subjective. What maybe "tough" to my husband isn't necessarily "tough" to my son. They are both their own indidvual man, and my husband has always respected my son as "his own person", not another smaller/younger version of himself.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. Our kids are who they are. My son wasn't really tough and when he started hanging around other boys he started toughening up. Your son may just be scared of the thought of a haunted house. He may not be that afraid of it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010