Parents.... Help Me Please!

I am a single guy who is trying to help our a friend of mine who is a single mom of 3 amazing kids. I want to put a gift together for them for Christmas. I am trying to make really fun Coloring Activity Books.

I don't have kids so I have no clue what makes good coloring books or activity books. Any suggestions?

ColoringTheMind

Asked by ColoringTheMind at 6:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• The coloring book whatever figure you decide on make it big enough to practice coloring it inside the lines, activity, it would depend on the age. That would be a very thoughtful and unique gift.

Answer by older at 6:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Find out what the kids like, characters or animals or whatever, and take it from there.

Answer by older at 6:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• How sweet of you! Unfortunately, what is a good activity book will change depending on the age and ability of each child. Try a dept store or Toys R Us that have a wide variety of choices so you aren't running all over the place looking for ideas. Boys tend to like trucks and super heroes. Girls tend to like princesses but it will depend on each child. I had a girl I could have rented out to Tonka so make sure if there is a girl she's not a tomboy.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Its a little extra work and im not sure how artsy you are ... but you could take pictures of them as a family and as individuals blow the pictures up then trace over them to make them cartoonized ...staple the cartoonized pics together make a book out of them for each person... then let them color them to look anyway they want. It could be lots of laughs especially coloring pics of themselves with different hairdos and faces. Have fun .
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• OOOOO! How sweet of you! Maybe find out their favorite characters and get them each their own crayons too. When kids get older like 10 or so, i'd say they may appreciate colored pencils too or even markers. And maybe younger ones would like chalk. Maybe a oversized coloring book would be fun. Or perhaps different kinds of crayons, they have glow in the dark, big, small, neon, funny shaped ones... even bath paints could be fun if they are between 2 and 7-ish :) just make sure to stick pretty close to the age recommendations
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2010