Not ovulating, been a year, what's up??

I had my son last December, didn't start having a period again until mid July, I'm not nursing. I had one mid July, one end of July, didn't have one in August, had one end of September, now it's end of October and I haven't had one. I'm charting so I know I'm not ovulating, I'm guessing this is just annovulatory bleeding. My body is trying to, I get the right cm and the cervix opens and all that, but I don't get the temp spike and from what I understand without the temp spike there was no ovulation. Anyways at almost a year later should I be expecting ovulation and regular bleeding? I'm not on bc either, we're doing the FAM method (no, it's not the rhythm method, this one actually works when done correctly). We're not trying, not for lack of wanting too, more for lack of funds and insurance and jobs, but it still concerns me that I'm not ovulating. Is there stuff I can take to get me to start ovulating again? What's up??

adamko84

Asked by adamko84 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• Some ppl just have diff cylces after baby. The best thing to do is to talk to your Dr. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I had problems for a couple years and didn't ovulate, so my doctor gave me meds to make me ovulate and then I got all screwed up even worse... I would just wait a little bit longer and see if your body regulates its self. Then if you still haven't when you want to get prego again just see your doctor. I say NO to meds!

P.S. I got pregnant twice with out meds when my doctor told me I couldn't get pregnant with out them...

G.L.
    ~Tara
    Gismyhrt

Answer by Gismyhrt at 6:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008