Do you believe and use home remedies and natural treatments?

I'm asking this for my blog/website. I want to do a study/poll and publish it on my blog (http://homeremediesblog.com/blog). If your answer is interesting and unique I will publish it on my blog. Thanks!

Taty2010

Asked by Taty2010 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I try home remedies if i know of them
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 6:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i usually try the home remedies first,
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 6:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yes we take no meds for anything and no immunizations as well. everything is all natural! at 8 months old caroline has only been sick once so far and only for 1 day it was a small cold with a fever. meds work against ur natural immune system. if u dont use meds i believe u will get better faster and a stronger immune system!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thanks for you answers! I want to modify the question a little, the thing won't let me edit: are home, folk, natural remedies:
    A. The only thing you use and believe in.
    B. The first thing you would try.
    C. Something that should work together with medication.
    D. Your last resort - you would try it only if nothing else worked.
    E. Would NEVER use it!
    Please specify if you can!
    Taty2010

Comment by Taty2010 (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• we actually believe in prevention first, allowing the body to heal itself second, home remedies third...and last medical intervention.
    so far, my kids have never been medicated. I did use an aromatic rub on my first child for his first cold.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I use herbal tea's for a first resort to my anxiety attacks. When I get to feeling as if i can't get enough air, can't breathe, I will make a cup of tea. I have camamille (sp?) and jazmine tea. I got it at the grocery where the herbal tea's are and it said "calming" on the box. I will go somewhere quiet and drink my tea. Usually by the time I am finished, my breathing difficulties have resolved, and my nervousness and shaking. I have anti-anxiety medications prescribed to me but i will only take them as a last resort now that i found the tea really helps me.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• C
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I use natural/homeopathic remedies as the first line of defense when it is something minor. Doctors come in to play when it is serious or the natural remedies are not working.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2010