Do you think the world will ever be a better place or is it just going to get worse?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 6:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish I could say it will get better...it seems like their is more greed and corruption that ever =(

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• That's a really good question. Part of me wants to think it will get better, especially with more and more people being aware of going 'green' and making an effort to reduce their carbon footprint. Technology and medicine are only going to get better. But, diseases and virus's are only going to mutate and evolve too. Wars and whatnot will always be fought over asinine reasons. Take away guns and nuclear weapons and give everyone a sword again, then we'll see who wants to fight. People are becoming more accepting of differences in one another. I guess we'll just have to see.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i wish i could say better but my hopes r not high
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 6:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• As long as people keep doing what they're doing and no on is willing to change, then yes!!! If we are going to keep patting abusers,murderers, molesters, etc. on the back...then nothing good will every happen, just more bad!! If people aren't going to take responsibility for their debt and bad spending habits, then people will continue losing everything. Live within your means and don't buy it if you don't have the money. If someone hurts another.....then MAKE THEM PAY.....Too many kids going to bed tonight in a home where they are abused on a daily basis...that is not right and something needs to be done....I don't see it getting better....just worst!!! Watch Headline News and see what you think.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd like to say better.... kinda scary the way it's going!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My religion teaches that it gets worse.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• A while back - I think when Bush Sr was in office - I had a conversation with my stepfather about this and he pointed out that history has shown that people will come together and rise up for the greater good eventually... I think if you pay attention to the mass media, it is easy to feel that things are continually getting wose and worse and getting more hopeless. But remember that's their job. There are plenty of people out there doing good work they just don't care to waste time and money putting themselves in the media.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• forget the politics, the economy and what party says what. People, normal people, haven't forgotten how to be good to eachother Think about the big discussion of today. Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg can't manage to disagree with Bill O'Reilly without stomping off like children. Do we really expect the next generation to do better when everywhere you turn there's an excuse for bad behavior rather than self control or accountability? We quibble about minutia while the elephant stands in the room. I'm not talking religion it's about realizing that you are responsible for the choices you make, not me. your parents, or anyone else. Sadly I don't see anything changing for the better.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• That depends ... on each of US !

In fact, we mothers are uniquely positioned to make a HUGE improvement in the world. Whether the world gets better will be strongly influenced by us AND by the next generation - and we hold the shaping of the next generation in our hands.

Throughout history, it has been the mothers who make or break a civilization. We either cultivate constructive qualities in our children which leads them to success, or we fail to do so and lead them to a worse life and a worse society.

A little bit every day, modelling in ourselves the good qualities we want them to internalize as adults. And for the larger ideals, we have many holidays in our culture specifically designed to honor and teach them. We can use these days to tell stories or just talk about the Declaration of Independence & the Constitution, about the light of Christmas, etc.

It's not rocket science - and it's WAY more important !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• A while back - I think when Bush Sr was in office - I had a conversation with my stepfather about this and he pointed out that history has shown that people will come together and rise up for the greater good eventually..

***
    And yet when people join together for the "greater good," such as TEA Partiers, they are attacked relentlessly from every freaking angle!!! Is the "greater good," socialism/communism?! If so, I (and millions of others) want NONE of that!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2010