How can I incorporate Seaweed? (Nori wrappers)

Any ideas other than sushi rolls, for using nori for cooking? Specifically, I'm planning on making a sauteed Cod dish tonight in a sorta asian style marinade (garlic, ginger, sherry, so) I feel like I've seen people cut it into thin strips then wrap fish in it. How might I do this? Would I do it while the fish is raw or wait till it's like half cooked? Or should I just cut it and sautee it and serve the fish on top of it? Any other ideas?

earthmama727

Asked by earthmama727 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We've always made soup out of it...all you have to do is have baby carrots, break the seaweed wrappers apart, and 1 tsp honey. put all in a little bit of boiling water. it's so good!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'd experiment with all the things you mentioned. Nori can get rubbery or just fall apart when it gets moist, so I bet there is a trick to cooking with it but I sure don't know what it is! Good luck, I should eat it more myself. I love it just with rice as a snack.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010