Anyone have a glucose tollerance blood test other than drinking a whole glass jar of glucose?

I know about 10 yrs. ago,when I first took mine we didn't drink a whole small glass jar of this lime flavored tasting soda.I remember drinking a small cup every 3 hours am I correct?I'm wondering if there's other tests out there because I don't think my doctor knows what she's doing.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• In all 3 of my pregnancies over the last 9 years I've done the test where you basically have to chug down that 1 cup then wait an hour.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I had a medium sized glass jar bottle,tasted like lime jell-o but in a type of soda.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• mine was like a 4-6 ounce bottle of really sweet lime stuff, I had to guzzle it that test my blood in an hour.
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You can request a random glucose draw instead. It tells you just as much as the tolerance test, you just have to know how to read the results correctly. That is what I had done with my son and what I plan on having done with this pregnancy if my doctor insists on testing me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2008