What is the best biography you have ever read?

Why did you enjoy it?

earlgrey

Asked by earlgrey at 6:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• I read the biography of Otto Frank. I loved that it really dived into his life and what he felt after coming home from a Nazi concentration camp to find his whole family had perished at the hands of Nazis. Great read! Btw, Otto Frank was Anne Frank's father.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• "Life's That Way" by Jim Beaver

He collected the daily emails he sent to friends, family and extended family over a year. It happens to be a year that was hellish: his 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with severe autism, his wife Cecily died of cancer, his grandmother died, his BIL was diagnosed w/ a brain tumor.... hit after emotional hit. From "how did I get so lucky?" husband and father to single, struggling dad.... and he takes everyone through every step of the process.

One would think the book would be so depressing that you'd sob every page, but often I found myself laughing, then crying, then laughing through my tears. Jim has a way with words, and a turn of phrase that made you live every moment with him.

Not only was it a great memoir - BUT I think this should be required reading for friends/family of grieving people, bereavement counselors in training, doctors, etc.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I LOVED "Falling Leave" by Adeline Yen Mah, she has a really interesting story, and I really enjoyed her writing style, it's an awesome read!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Correction, that should be "Falling Leaves", left off the s *face palm*
    dedicatedrider

• i'd have to say "I Tina" by Tina Turner. It was very interesting and impowering... she went through hell and back and is a very dinamic woman.
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Jenna Jamesons How to make love like a porn star! I dont like porn, some of it I skipped over but her entire life was intersting and at times heartbreaking. I like her as a person NOT for her profession though
    mommywood13

Answer by mommywood13 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010