Do you hope your child(ren) turn out like you or your SO?

I don't. Not because I'm a bad person, or because I've made a lot of "mistakes," but because I hope for her to become her own person, and not care what others think of her. Those who love her will accept her and love her regardless of who she is, whether she turns out just like me, my SO, anyone else, or no one else at all.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• NO! I want them to be better, smarter, happier, healthier, everything better. I want them to take everything good from us and throw all the bad away and fill that in with their own good until there is nothing but perfection. Ohhh my goodness...they already did! :-)
    I think as a parent you always want a perfect world in which your children live, even when in reality we dont...
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I definitely made some mistakes in my teen years that i'd prefer they don't repeat but on a whole i would be happy with either
    wannabeLola

Answer by wannabeLola at 7:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yep, I would be proud to have them turn out like either of us... I'm have no cause to see serious flaw in myself and my husband is a great man...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• While I do want our children to be themselves, I think it would be great if they turned out like their dad or me. Not carbon copies, but some of the characteristics.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• All my three kids now grown have turned out to be more like me than their father, or a mixture of both, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Answer by older at 7:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If my children turned out to be like me or their father, they WILL be their own person and not care what others think! So yes, I'd be thrilled. My 2 year old son so far is my carbon copy, I already feel sorry for me if he's going to be the same kind of teenager I was, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I hope she grows up to mirror my values. Especially since I try very hard to mirror my mother's values. The way in which she expresses those values in completely left up to her.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I can see many traits in him that are my dh and me. He is stubborn, questions everything, speaks his mind, etc. I am very proud for him to be like us in many ways.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would be proud if my DD turned out like a combination of my DF & I. We hope that we are instilling in her the right values, morals, & principles.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

---
    This.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2010