Blood curdling scream!

OMG. DD(will be 3 in 2 months) has this new thing where she screams like a horror movie scream when her brother irritates her. Which is all the time. She is easily provoked. I can't tell you how many times I have put her in time out the last few days and I'm tired of hearing myself say 'STOP screaming like that!' Any ideas?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are you spying on my house or something?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• When she does it. Model the proper words and tone to use. Have her repeat it after you. Show her what action will occur with that action.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No ideas, but my son does it too. Did you know little boys are MORE shrill than little girls? AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Best part. DS does it back. ::sigh:: you only THINK the older one should know better. 'Well, Quinn did it' 'Well, Duh, son, She's 2. Your 6. I think you know better' 'NO I don't' lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my kids antagonize each other every single day. they both shriek...my 3yr old ds is louder than my 2yr old dd...when you find out, let me know.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I wanna say Duct tape but I'm *pretty sure* that's illegal.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• 'I think you know better' 'NO I don't' lol. '
    well, you asked! LOL!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I use to be a screamer because it caused a reaction out of my mom. My brother would purposely do things, sneaky and quiet things, that wouldn't raise any alarm in my mom and they were done with the intention to get at me for something. Screaming envoked attention.

So you have two options. ONE: find out what is making her scream and deal with that problem head on.
    or TWO: let them fight it out and ignore the screaming.

But please, don't do what my mom did. Punish me for being loud, even when my brother was an obvious guilty party. I'll never forget when my brother (we were 8 and 10) put tacks in front of my bedroom door, and I got in trouble for screaming, and he didn't get in any, because I was screaming.

You either deal with BOTH of them, or ignore BOTH of them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010