My son is 14 months old & I have this huge diaper bag I feel so unsexy, frumpy, I tried to use a regular bag to put his stuff in but its to small what do you do?? to feel style(ish)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• My son is also 14 months old. I usually keep his stocked diaper bag in the car, and when we go into some place (as long as it's not for an extended period of time ...as in, shorter than an hour), I just take one diaper and his travel wipes and put them in my purse.

For longer outings, use a stroller with a "baggage compartment"... most have the little area behind the seat to put your bags. Umbrella strollers don't have this. You could also switch his diaper bag to one of those newer styled one-shouldered book bags. Here's a picture.

http://www.chinawholesalegift.com/pic/Bag-Gifts/Backpack/Shoulder-bag-20255199819.jpg
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• see if there is anything you like at www.mamabags.webs.com

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I went to the store and bought a bag that I liked and that was up to my style and that is what I used I made sure it fit all my need and it still works great!
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 10:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I bought an over sized Abercrombie tote bag to use for my DD.
    also Coach and Louis Vuitton have very cute diaper bags in all sizes! if you dont mind paying the extra money for them
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 10:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• chloe romano has a great idea. How abouy an oversized purse or tote in a print that you like. You can use smaller bags to organize (I do this anyways with a big eddie bauer diaper bag, everything gets lost!)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I made myself a bag because i hated every diaper bag I could afford. If your crafty look online for a simple hobo bag pattern and just add more pockets to it. If not go to TJ Max and find a nice oversized bag with lots of pockets. Nobody says you have to buy a diaper bag to put your kids stuff in.
    MommyMartini

Answer by MommyMartini at 12:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• http://www.apeainthepod.com/apeainthepodsearch.asp?media=Google_071807_PEA_stylish_diaper_bags-diaper_bag&sReferer=&SearchEngine=True&Keyword=diaper%20bag&Search=True

Some of these don't even look like diaper bags.
    AndreaDawn1984

Answer by AndreaDawn1984 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Use a tote bag instead; holds plenty and much more stylish than a diaper bag. Could be designer or not; go for a style and color you like. I never used a diaper bag when my kids were little - they're so ugly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My youngest is 4 now, but I love to use bigger purses...right now I have a Dooney & Bourke large tote bag, and it's great! I don't have to haul around dipaers or extra clothes anymore, but I do keep travel wipes with me....not to mention all the other kid things that wind up in by bag...hot wheels, action figures, etc!
    My advice is to find a purse/tote, then you can still carry what you need for your little one, but still look stylish.
    19Steph77

Answer by 19Steph77 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i went to walmart and got a plain cloth bag, then went to the craft area, and found a few patches and stuff and i decorated my own bag. i get a lot of women asking where i got mine from. But it fits me and what i need it for. so if you want something more 'personal' you can always do that!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 2:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2008