Calling all tooth faries!

1. What is the going rate for tooth fairies in your neck of the woods?
2. What does the tooth fairy do with the teeth that are collected?

My daughter has finally lost her first teeth, with a little help from the dentist. Two of her permanent teeth had grown in behind the baby teeth so they needed some extra help in being wiggled out.

DigiScrapperMom

Asked by DigiScrapperMom at 7:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• tooth *fairies. lol
    DigiScrapperMom

Comment by DigiScrapperMom (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My kids got $5 for their first teeth! But now they only get $1. Still more than I used to get. As far as what the tooth fairy does with the teeth, I'm sure that she saves them for when they get older, but only the first ones.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I made rings with them for my daughters, I picked the best looking one sand polished it and mounted it in gold, they came out really dainty and nice, the rest I kept in a little baggie, needless to say with three grown kids, I have a lot of saved teeth! they only hold emotional value.

Answer by older at 7:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My DS got 2 silver dollars for the first and one after that. WE have a book called Little Rabbits loose tooth and in that story they kind of leave it as no one knows what she does with the teeth but Little Rabbit has some good ideas!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I give my kids about $5-$10 and i keep the tooth in a locket...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Oh and I forgot how much but if I remember correctly the bill had two digits, but it is really anything you can afford.

Answer by older at 7:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• when I asked my mother where all my teeth were (she saves everything) - she still tries to tell me 'how would I know? the tooth fairy took them away!'
    I can only imagine she doesn't know where they are!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• his first 2 he just lost recently and i did give him 5 dollars but i only plan on giving 2-3 for future teeth. I kept the first tooth..no need to keep any more
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Around here you get $5 for the first tooth, $1 for each additional tooth unless it's a silver one then you get $2-$3 depending what the tooth fairy has =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My daughter got $5 for her first and $1 for each additional. I keep the teeth in a box in the back of my closet, what I'm going to do with them, I have no idea, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010