If you had huntington's disease would you have kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Honestly, I would lean more towards adoption... I just don't know if I could live with the idea of passing it along to my child...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If I had a disease that I could pass to my kids, I would probably abstain from having kids. I'd feel like I was dooming them to a maybe painful, maybe short life. I don't, so I can only speculate as to what I would have done.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If I could afford the in vitro and selection process, then I would consider it. It is a very cruel disease and if there was even a chance that I could pass it to my child there is no way I would chance it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• if i had this disease..and knowing i could pass it on to one of my children...no i would not have children.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No, never!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I honestly do not know. If I were to get pregnant, then I would pray that my child would not get it.
    lovingwifey

Answer by lovingwifey at 7:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Huntingtons is a horrible disease. I couldn't do it. Aside from the fact of passing it to my child and them having a 50/50 chance of having the disease, they would have to watch me deteriorate and die a horrible death at a young age, leaving them as a child without a mother. So no. I wouldn't. And for that reason, also probably would not adopt either.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 7:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• idk
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• well it depends on my partner u have a 50/50 chance of passing it from what i read but you can live a normal life w/ it
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• medicines gone a long way and im sure a cure is imminate
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010