Have you read the book, The Shack?

What did you think of it?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I loved it. It changed my perspective about god. My book has been shipped around the country to my family. I think that I have had a couple dozen other people ask to borrow to after we have talked about it. I recommend it to anyone even of they aren't a believer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I took a bit for me to get into it but I loved it. One of the best books I've ever read. I would recommend it to anyone, Christian or not.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I thought it was amazing. It totally changed my prespective on religion. I have recommended it to many people and so has my DH.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If you know anything of neo-gnosticism, then you know that the book is riddled with it.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I agree with the above posters. I think the "meeting" the trinity of God scenario described in the book is a wonderful depiction of what acturally happens when you surrender and yield yourself to God, the Holy Spirit enters into your heart and step by step you learn to heal, forgive and let go of the things that kept you so far from Him. It shows how you learn to trust and grow close in relationship with Him. It gave me cold chills to read something so beautifully written that I had experienced myself and could identify with. I think it is an important book for our time.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Perhaps so about the neo-gnosticism. I was thinking that it was just a fictional story that was attempting to describe a spiritual/faith based event written with a physical analogy instead. I know that there was some controversy about it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes I have, also met the author, heard him share his story at church... it was awesome
    The book made me think!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Nope, I haven't read it. Haven't even heard of it, I don't think.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• here's an interesting article
    http://www.albertmohler.com/2010/01/27/the-shack-the-missing-art-of-evangelical-discernment/
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i read it, didn't like it. i'm not normally one to dismiss 'fantastical' elements, but this book just rubbed me the wrong way. the entire time i forced myself to read on, my spirit was telling me not to. in fact, i'd liken that feeling to the same feeling i might get if i were reading an account of something horridly wrong.
    i'd have to agree with gal51.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010