Agave Nectar

I have read some good things about this.....however, one person recently informed me that it was not as healthy as the sellers claim.....comments? opinions?

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• My husband eats it because he is showing early signs of diabetes and it runs in his family. Its kind of like fruit versus cookies. They both have sugar in them but the fruit is "natural" sugar. Agave nectar comes from an agave (whatever kind of fruit that is, lol). As far as the sugar goes, it mainly has to do with the triglycerides which come from saturated fats. Agave nectar is a great replacement for honey and syrup and I use it both in tea, on toast and on my pancakes! I don't have to eat it, but I prefer it.
    Oh, and if you're wondering what the difference between the golden, blue and purple kind is, I think the darker is just a little bit sweeter.
    I recommend trying the golden though...so good!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It is a natural product which is better for you.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010