Can anything be done at home for a UTI?

I'm pretty sure I have a UTI. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and am scheduled for a C-Section a week from today so I have to get it cleared up. I am calling my doc in the morning but is there anything that can help it until then?? I've drank gallons of cranberry juice & water but it is absolutely killing me to pee!

KennsWifey

Asked by KennsWifey at 10:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what about those AZO pills that are homeopathic for UTI? they sell them at walmart
    Anonymous

• Nothing hon, seriously i wouldnt take anything until you hear from the doc,

If it hurts this bad i would seriously visit the ER, or call the doc now, because you dont want pain to set you off in labor,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• u really prob need an antiobiotic i wud wait and c what the doc says
    Anonymous

• Be sure the cranberry juice is 100% cranberry. It can't be Cran-Grape or anything like that. Other than that maybe cranberry supplements. But antibiotics would probably clear it up faster.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I left my answer on your messages cuz it was too long.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 10:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You might also try pure 100% blueberry juice. Cranberry juice (when consumed in large amounts) can be irritating to the lining of your bladder), blueberry juice is supposed to be less harsh. Also I would go to the ER if it gets worse (you don't want it to get out of hand).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I kept them with both my little boys..a uti is a infection and if it's not treated with a antibiotic it could send infection to the baby and possibly even put you in preterm labor. I'd just schedule a visit at the dr. office and let them check to see if that is even what it is.
    proudmom2356

Answer by proudmom2356 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Most cranberry juice is full of sugar and will irritate your bladder further.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 9:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2008