Need Pumpkin decorating tips

My son's birthday party is next Saturday, and I got the genius idea to buy mini pumpkins and let the kids decorate them. We'll have kids from age 2 up to 12, and I thought this was would be an activity that everyone would enjoy. Sad to say, I'm not the least bit crafty so can anyone give me some tips/ideas on what kinds of things I can get for the kids to decorate their pumpkins with?

Journey311

Asked by Journey311 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Foam boards for them to cut up, stencils for them to trace shapes on the boards, glittery pipe cleaners, fuzzy glittery poofy ball things, googly eyes, glue/hot glue (with supervision of course!). Just head down to a hobby store or even walmart and go to the craft section where the stuff I mentioned is and there should be more things for you to choose from. :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• the bhg.com has a lot of ideas (better homes and gardens). they've got stencils and pictures too of ideas.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Fun foam sticker shapes, paint, glitter - check out the kid's craft section. Also, use google images to find decorated pumpkins for more ideas.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• well hun it looks like all off this would be your best bet that the other ladys told you.i hope you find some thing.oh you can use paint but it may be messy.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2010