why is my baby not moving?

Went to l and d about a week andds half ago because my baby wasn't being near as active. They monitored me and said everything looked done and they didn't know why he wasn't moving. Well he still isn't as active and I'm worried. What should I do? I'm 27 weeks with my first.

morgannoree

Asked by morgannoree at 8:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When is he active? are you doing kick counts? Do you know where the placenta is located? If the placenta is in front it can act like a pillow and cushion the kicks so you do not feel them as easily.

Drink a big glass of COLD Sweet juice, and lay down. Your baby usually wakes up from the jolt of cold and sugar. Count the movements, 10 in one hour. This is also a good time to quietly talk to baby!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• He used to be active after eating. I just ate dinner about 30 minutes ago and had 2 sweet cold drinks and I think I may have felt a flutter
    morgannoree

Comment by morgannoree (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• he may be facing ur back and if so it can be harder to feel movements that way. if u are still monitoring the movements and are still concerned, i would call ur doc. good luck
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Drink some cold orange juice and lay down. If baby doesn't move after a few minutes, call your doc.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 8:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Sometimes babies are just not as active in the womb. My first she was swimming in there like a crazy person from day one! Now baby 2, she isn't nearly as active. She seems to lay in one spot all the time, and doesn't do much at all. I wouldn't sweat it much. As long as you know the heart rate was good with your doctors apt, I wouldn't worry. I did hear a little trick though, and it does work...if you take a flash light and shine it on your belly the baby is supposed to move away from the light. It may give you a little peace when your thinking about your little sprout. Try not to stress.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010