what diet worked the best for you?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 8:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I did a three day apple fast to clear my acne. It didn't clear my acne, but I lost some weight and it totally detoxed my body. I felt more energetic afterward and I had a slimmer belly. Sometimes a detox is a great way to kick off a diet, but I hate the word diet because really you should just eat in moderation. I heard that weight watchers is really the best program. There is no need to pay for it really cuz you can find all the info on the internet.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Low fat works best for me. I cannot do Atkins, or other low carb diets.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 4:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• BigfordBrat I notice that you said you didn't get the Dean of Dessert award but you did.  It's under the All Award Tab in your profit and just look under Event you will see it there.  =]

Now to answer your question.   

I just cut down the portions and try to make my plate colorful so that I get all my required vitamins. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Got rid of gluten in my diet and added Juice Plus products. I feel better and continue to lose weight.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• The only two diets I've done are Nutrisystem and Atkins. They both worked but I found Atkins easier to do. It's cheaper as well.
    vicki77433

Answer by vicki77433 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Weight Watchers. I lose weight even when I am not strictly following the plan.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 8:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• smaller portions and fruits and veggies as snacks-it should not be looked at as a diet but a way of life:) throw some exercise in there too, even walking is great!
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 8:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Portion control, watching what went in my mouth, exercise, exercise, exercise.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Balance of carbs, fats and proteins, old fashioned calorie counting and exercising regularly. No unnatural deprivation of any kind of nutritional need (like no fat, no carb, etc). No fast food, no convenience food, cooking from scratch with fresh or frozen ingredients (never canned - full of salt). This is what I do for maintenance and to keep from gaining weight back or to kick the extra 10 or 20 that come on over winter and holidays. It does have to be a lifetime change, not something you view as a temporary diet that after you lose the weight you can go back to the drive thru.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Drinking more water, cutting out sweets, and having only one serving (except veggies) at meals. Also, taking a long walk (min. 40 mins) 5 x a week. Stick to it, and it will work. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2010