Will I ever be able to go to a restaurant based on the food, not the toys?

mrsmulry

Asked by mrsmulry at 8:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You're the mom, you choose where you go to eat.  We never eat at fast food places.  We always go to sit down places or buffet places.  Well, we used to go to Culvers a lot which, technically, is fast food but there are no toys in the kids' meals (just free ice cream).  My kids don't even ask to go to fast food places or to get the toys.  They want to go to Hometown Buffet or Red Robin.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• yes lol one day when they are teens tho
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• We call that Drive Thru Night - everyone picks what they want and we bring it home to eat together or have dinner at the park.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think I know what you mean. My 3 yr old was begging for the "yellow M place" the other day because she wanted another strawberry shortcake doll.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes mama your day will come...you just got your kids use to things being there way or not taking them out to real restaurants...what i do with my 2yr old (even though she eats the world up) i go to burger king or McD and that way she has what she likes and toy then we go to the restaurant we want...i usually always try to find the menu online to show my 9yr old and 6yr old what the food is and have them pick what they want...they pick everything from the plate to the drink and dessert at home that way when we get to the place we order right away...once all the food comes out we all eat...Like tomorrow we are going to red lobster and my 9yr old wanted a lobster well thanks to the girls here they helped me help him pick something...lol 

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yep. Just don't let the kids make the restaurant decisions, :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Sure. My kids don't dictate what we do for meals, so there are no problems. They also are well aware that fast food restaurants are "sometimes foods" and not very healthy for you.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My DD is 8yrs old and she rather go to the Chinese Buffet than to go to McDonalds......
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010