How do you keep the peace in your house?

mrsmulry

Asked by mrsmulry at 8:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I told the children that I would not referee their disputes. They learned to figure out how to handle their own disagreements. As far as peace between my husband and myself. I love him, so I do what I can to keep him happy to be home.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have a lot of medical problems, cluster headaches, and so on. My moods typically dictate my parenting style(s) for the most part I know if it's gonna be a long day or a rough night I give them something big to earn/work towards to help them self regulate..... they'll play seperately or work out their fights rather than tattle and whine
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• whats that lol j/k.........
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i know im not mom of 5-8 yet but i have watch my siblings since im the oldest they always come to me they tattle and just hit eachother and still now they still dont listen but once they get older thier understand like my younger sister is 10 and she is smart of the three and my mother isnt mature for her age to handle thier arguements and fights the first thing is she yell and not working out with them 1 on 1 with them and i 'd always hate that till this day she the same person put herself first before them so yea dont be that parent try working it hearing what they have to say
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 1:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2010