What are these Blisters on th back of my sons throat?

I was looking at my sons throat tonight and he has 4 little blisters at the way back behind the tonsils. Does anyone know what this could be. He has a Dr. appt. tomorrow but I was curious as to what can cause this. He says he feels fine but he WILL NOT tell me when his throat hurts because he hates getting that strep test. Plus he had an infection in his gums this past summer and never complained of it. I only found out when his tooth started to fall out. Also he may have had a very light rash on his body last night. It sorta looked like small bumps on his back and arms yesterday. Any information is appreciated.

cutie222

Asked by cutie222 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I was thinking Coxsackie Virus too. My son just got over that and he had the blisters and at the very end, he broke out in a rash. The Dr. also called it Herpeangina. Since you said he's had that, I would say probably not, if that's what he had for sure. Generally, you build up antibodies against it and don't get it again. Unless, he had a very mild case before and didn't build up enough antibodies to it.

If not Coxsackie, I'd think maybe Strep... You can get a rash with strep as well.

jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 9:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would say he has strep. If strep goes too long it can develop into a rash. I didnt know my daughter even had it until she got a rash on the bottom of her feet. Took her to the doc, ran a strep test and boom she had it.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Could be hand, foot and mouth (coxsackie virus). What do the blisters look like?
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 8:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Can you get that more than once. My son hand, foot & mouth when he was young and that made his mouth hurt. As for the blisters they are like clear little bubbles around a cm and all together at the way back of his throat
    cutie222

Comment by cutie222 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• How long can they have strep and not know? I ask because I suspected strep a couple weeks ago but since my son seemed fine and his throat looked better I didn't take him to the Dr. That and the fact that the last time I took my son in the Dr. said that unless your child acts sick they usually aren't. Plus it usually happens that when I don't think it is something it is and when I think he has something he doesn't.
    cutie222

Comment by cutie222 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Sounds like Strep throat.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• When my sons tonsils got infected at first they had blisters on them. Then the tonsils started to swell and never really went away. So, he has had those removed.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• im guessin strep
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It may just be a throat infection, but not strep. I've had several. They look like strep, but they're not strep. Antibiotics usually make them go away.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2010