Need some Tylenol? Sudafed? ..better get a script first!

Oh yeah..gotta love that Obamacare!

Link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That is such bullshit. I had an HSA and that is one of the things i loved about it. You could use it for other medical expenses like OTC medications, vitamins and other medical equiptment. It was my money i put in that account. That is just stupid.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• We already got a letter about from my dh's work. It is true. I think it is ridiculous too! On one hand they tell people to be responsible and save some money for stuff, on the other hand they limit what you can! It means more tax dollars coming in though. These new taxes will hit anyone eligible for a HSA. Some of the people hurt most will be the chronically sick and those with special needs children.

It is crap!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• We gave up on ours three years before DH had his back surgeries and I've never looked back. Instead we have a med fund that we keep ourselves for ourselves AND for vet care. We do the same for appliances/large expenditures. Anyone can do this ~ and while there is no employer backing it or contributing to it, no one can make up rules or change the rules. Some people might have to teach themselves to leave that money alone unless they need something they were saving for, but ANYone can do it. Some months we put very little into it, other months we add extra. We haven't had to panic about needing something though, and I'm more happy than ever about making that decision.

Taking responsibility for your own savings is a lot like owning a well instead of being hooked up to city water ... but I prefer my independence and freedom.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• from the article

But FSAs face another new rule under the Affordable Care Act -- a limit on the pre-tax contributions to $2,500, starting Jan. 1, 2013.

That's BS. When the baby needed scheduled surgery and i was scheduled to deliver number 3, we put four thousand bucks on that thing. Used every penny, too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• So much "fine print" embedded within that bill, and more and more leaking out daily...libs must truly be pleased with themselves NOW!! See libs, even feeding the alligator, hoping he'll eat you last, doesn't work in your favor, no matter how much you sing Obama's praises!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I did that for my dd's braces too. $2500 won't cover that and I haven't heard dental mentioned in any of the discussions.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• foxnews you say
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Sure is q and a..what are we supposed to go by the lefty media? They won't report much negativity of anything Obama and crew,they are too busy brown nosing.
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010