How do you live with inlaws?!

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 8:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• You do not.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I gained almost 30 pounds when we lived with my inlaws. My MIL deep fries everything I was not allowed to cook in her kitchen (but I could clean it every night!) and I eat when I'm nervous and she makes me incredibly nervous. Also, I stayed away as much as I could. Mainly, I was miserable the entire time we lived there.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• one side of mines are great and we have no probs the other side never in a kazillion yrs
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd sleep on the street B4 I'd spend one single night w/ mine

My husband and I when our kids were VEEEEERY small lived in a duplex w/ my parents. We had our own kitchens, entrances and exits and stuff. He hated it sometimes but loved having a built in sitter/helper
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I do not ever want to do that..Not even with parents.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If you don't have a good relationship with them then you shouldn't. Even if you do it would be good to try to just be on your own because when you live with other adults especially parents they can treat you like a child more so then a roomate.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• We live with my parents (well, just my dad and uncle right now) and it works out ok. We have our own space and we can come and go as we please. My dad and uncle are pretty easy going. Now, when my mom was here, it was a little dicey, but we made it work.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• dont i avoid them
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i wouldnt be able to.. even if you get along.. i wouldnt.. i agree about them treating you more like children than adults (or roomates) i live 5 min from my in laws and still have this problem. NO way in hell would i live with them
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010