What is the motive behind the Chamber Of Commerce, who is for outsourcing American jobs donating over 75 million to republican candidates

Why do they want the Republicans back in power? Is it so they can go on with business as usual?

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They do. It is a big business strategy that is accepted and supported by them. They have defined that average support jobs that can be held by foreign workers for a fraction of the cost of US workers is an acceptable cost of doing business that will positively impact investors. To pretend differently is flat wrong. They do a 1,000 good ideas/support for small business, however, they are a strong lobby for the outsourcing of big business. And that impacts our economy.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I am a member of our local chamber and I only have good things to say about them..ditto for the one in the town where I had my first business. They do a LOT for local businesses and for the community. I have never heard anything about them wanting jobs outsourced, I can't possibly see how this would be in their best interests.

As far as the other junk, they give to Dems as well. It seems to me their giving tends to be toward the more small business friendly candidates. Both parties have groups with deep pockets contributing to them. Instead of griping about one side or the other how about if we do something to limit contributions from anything that even smells like a lobby or union?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• All I am asking is why are you surprised? Both sides lean heavily on either Big Business Lobby or Union Lobby. Both are crooked.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• To your source. That's how this is done. You post links to what you're asserting, then we go read them, agree, disagree, and so forth. You say this didn't come in an email, you saw it on the net, I've googled your whole thing, and gotten nothing.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Well, yes, of course they do. They are a lobby unto themselves. They feel that outsourcing to foreign countries is cheaper business practices. Most Republican citizens are completely against this. And this is why I hate all lobbies. They are only after the dollars, not the actual will of the people.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Ummmm ... "Why do they want the Republicans back in power? Is it so they can go on with business as usual?"

Duh ! Don't YOU want America to get back to business as usual ?! When MILLIONS more people had JOBS.

The Chamber of Commerce is an association of small and large businesses across the nation. They ARE business ! They are the dry cleaners, the grocers, the hardware stores, the movie theaters, the restaurants, the car repair garages ... Why on earth WOULDN'T they want business to get back into gear. Why on earth wouldn't WE want that?!

I cannot imagine what kind of talking would convince a person to actually demonize businesses. "Business" is every single person who is standing on their own two feet, contributing to their community rather than being a drain on it. Where do we imagine our paychecks come from? ... "Obama money" ?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's a crock of shit on both sides and that's all I have to say about it. We, the "little people"/voters are only allowed to give X amount of money in campaign contributions while these corporations from all over the world can funnel money hand over fist to get the candidates they want. It doesn't matter if it's a Republican or Democrat on the receiving end, it's still a crock of shit and it pisses me off to no end. (bark bark bark). Seriously, the old adage says if you aren't outraged then you aren't paying attention. I guess I have been paying attention because this is one subject that pisses me off.

Okay..I feel better. Another rare vent from me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• well, let's start with the hedge fund managers

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• unions (tell me those aren't just another BIG business)

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Pelosi's getting a ton of money from lawyers (who doesn't want tort reform?)

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010