What is a troll question? What is the purpose of a troll question? How do I recognize them? Should I answer them? Do they serve a purpose?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Simply someone who does not belong on here or creates another profile to ask a question to get a rise out of people or sometimes is inappropriate. Often times you will see that they are just starting off and are on level one. I do not purposely answer them, as other people say "do not feed the troll". The only purpose they serve is to entertain the person asking it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• A troll question is one that is so off the wall and unbelievable that it's ridiculous. Don't answer them, they are just out to start trouble and arguments. An example would be, "my 13 yr old is pregnant and the boyfriend is living with us. What should I do?"

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Outrageous or obnoxious questions that are over the top. Some are pretty clever and it is questionable if they are by trolls. I've answered some that I wasn't sure about. I think the purpose is to just be messing around with all of us.
    Anonymous