Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Month- Does an ectopic pregnancy count as a loss?

My friends and family and some women on here don't think so. If it's not a pregnancy loss then what is it? And why do I feel so sad about it after trying for so long to have another child and then having to let my dr kill it if it isn't a loss?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is. My friend had on about 10 years ago and she still is sad about it. The baby would have been her ONLY boy if the pregnancy had been successful.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i would consider it loss. its not just pregnancy, it includes stillbirths as well. srry for ur loss. *hugs*
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Of course it's a loss......((((hugs))))
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• YES if you feel it in your heart then it is mama...it's your day too...im sorry honey...this day is had for us all...

im sorry

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It is a loss. and you are grieving. You have the right to grieve and the baby deserves to be mourned.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes it does. SIDS stillbirth miscarriage ectopic & in my eyes abortions.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes, lots of hugs.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Those women who say otherwise are clueless. Ectopic IS a pregnancy, and on top of losing a baby you also have to go through nasty drug treatments that make you feel like crap or flippin SURGERY, and let me tell you, even if they manage to do it laproscopically, recovery is still a bitch.

I lost a baby to ectopic a little over a year ago. It most definately IS a pregnancy loss. Tell those mean women to go to hell, seriously.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It IS a loss...I'm sorry there are people who don't think so
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss. Peace to you!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010