Hey mom, guess who's comin to dinner

So my 19 y/o kind-hearted son was driving around w/ friends, when in the middle of the road he sees 3 adorable little kitties. He saved them from getting squished in the road & brought them home! We have 2 big dogs & cant keep the kitties. Luckily, we have found homes for 2 out of 3 already. They're so stinkin cute, wish we could keep them! How many of you have had to deal with the "Mom look what I found...." situation? How did it work out for you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Awww! That's so sweet! I can't imagine most 19 year olds doing that, you've raised one hell of a kid :)

My kids are 2 1/2 years and 2 months so I haven't dealt with this one lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• More then I can count...the last was a baby bird, it didn't make it but I sure tried! The one before that was a Salamander, we found it a nice safe home.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• so THANKS for raising kind hearted children and being such a kind hearted mom!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• lol, my daughter is only 2 yrs old but if she is anything like me , she will bring every darn stray home she see's! I was the only one out of my siblings who did this, and when I say I brought every kind of stray home you can think of I mean just that...from dogs,cats, birds, baby iguana's (I grew up in south Florida), baby raccoons, baby ducks ect! My mom would just roll her eyes and help me take care of it until it either could be release back into the wild or we found a good home for the animal....My dad wasn't so pleased by this though. & my mom usually would tell me I had to hide them from him in my room haha...as long as I took care of them she had no problem with it... The hardest part about it was I never wanted to part with them when they were well enough! I always got super attached. Since your son is 19 i guess I wouldnt have a problem with it as long as HE took care of them & found them good homes.
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 4:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well, my boys are still young, but my mother said yes to almost all of the "but it needs a home" lol. And as an adult I am still soft hearted! We have two dogs currently that were left on the road to die. And a mommy cat and six of her kitties who we've had for six years! lol. The more the merrier, I always say lol. Heaven help me when my boys start bringing them home!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I haven't had to deal with that yet. My parents had to deal with it a few times when my sister and I were teenagers. We brought home a dog once, and tracked down it's previous owner through it's license tags. It turned out that the owner had given the dog up to someone she thought was going to take care of it, because her husband didn't want it digging in the yard anymore. The new owners didn't register it, then moved and left the dog behind. The old owner took the dog back, and told her husband to deal with it. We also brought home a kitten that we happened to find in the same place we found the dog. She became a member of our family for a little over a year, until we lost her tragically to feline leukemia. Heck, my dad has even done it. He takes back roads through the middle of the desert home from work, and he found a puppy who had been badly beaten. He's been a happy member of the family for 9 years now.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• im the person who does that i adopted a random strey b/c it had a hurt ear ... SO hates my habit but understands why..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• lol i havent had to deal with this yet, but my poor parents sure did.. they still have 3 dogs and a cat that "I" gave homes to and my aunt has one.. i am glad my parents are as kind hearted as i am though bc about a yr b4 my hubby and i got married i had found a dog on the side of the road (some1 had thrown 3 out.. and it was the only one still alive at 5 weeks old) and my hubby said he wanted her.which was great bc no one on the road claimed her and wouldnt take her... and it worked great until she became to big for indoors and his neighbor started with the neglect (poor old lady.. the dog had to be kept on a chain unless we were outside bc we live in city right by rd. and we fed/watered her 3 times a day,let her off for HOURS everyday and played with her everday she had a shelter and was very well taken care of) SO her complaining he sent her to his dads.. 2 weeks later she "disappeared' after he complained everyday?
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2010