Do you expect to have the hair dresser make you look better than you do?

When you go to the hair dresser to get a hair cut shouldn't they make your hair look better than you do?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• yeah. I wouldnt pay someone else to do it if I didn't expect it to look better than how I could do it.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No. I enjoy going and having it fixed after a cut, but I like how I fix it better than anyone else. Always have and I love my friend who cuts my hair.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My hair cut is high and tight so I will give you a bump. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd love it if that were the case but alas, I cannot change how I look with a simple hair cut.
    Usually they try to make my hair "big" and I am not a big hair kinda gal. There was one lady, from Brazil that worked at a salon in Fairbanks Alaska that gave me the best hair cut ever! I loved it and I looked good!
    have not had a decent hair before or since. :(
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 9:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I tell them right up front that I want them to take 20 years off.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Just got a trim today... always expect my hair to magically look awesome, and it's still thin and lifeless... lol!
    MiasMama123

Answer by MiasMama123 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my hairdresser knows whatI I like. I wear my hair braided.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yes I do! they should be able to make my style look good...lol
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 1:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes. I don't expect her to work a miracle or something and make me look like a model. But she is an amazing stylist and she does such a good job I feel like I really do look better when she is done with my hair.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• of course you do! when you sit in the chair, you look at the experience as a life-changing, magical event..your car will be newer, your sexlife will be awesome, you'll be a better cook, and you'll look like miss america..all because of your hairdresser!!

that's great when it actually happens, but most of the time, if your hairdresser is worth her weight in hairspray, she's got lots of different hair to 'master'..and all her clients expect fabulosity from her. your best bet is. can you style it the way you like it once you are home?? then that's a sign of a great cutter/stylist.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2010