What are some easy cheap meals to make that dont require?

A stove or oven all I have is a small hotplate I dont like to cook on, a microve, and a deepfrier which the kids dont get any of there food made in.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Hi :) I was movin into my house, and my stove was temp. un avail., so what I did was I went to Safeway, and got some pre-cooked chicken (rotissary), cream of mushroom soup, with garlic, cheese, corn tortillas, green chillies, and red enchallada sauce. I shredded the chicken, added the cream of mushroom soup to the chicken, put the mixture into a softened taco shell, put some cheese on top of the mixture, closed the shell, put a little enchalada sauce on top, then some more cheese, microwaved, until cheese was melted :) Also, micropwave buttitos, microwave soup, cook pan cakes on your hot plate (cheap when you buy the mix),grilled cheese, tortillas with butter,stir fry, eggs... I wish you the best of luck :)
    saraclair

Answer by saraclair at 9:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• A lot of the ladies have mentioned some good ideas but I would also suggest you invest in a crock pot to help you. You can find one at thrift store for a reasonable price. GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You can make rice and veggies with the microwave.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• look up microwave recipes online...you can cook just about anything in a microwave.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Salads, baked potatos in microwave, ......pastas......steamed veggies and rice.....chili.....quesadillas....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• a hot plate....wow....no stove? I got nothin....sorry. grilled cheese and soup
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Can I ask why you don't have a stove? I really don't have recipes or ideas that can be made on a hotplate and I don't cook in the microwave.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Pasta and sauce, soup, some casseroles, too.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 9:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• did you know if you can't buy a stove because of financial reasons, the welfare office most likely will help you purchase one. I had to assist a family I used to work with in getting one when they moved into a home without one.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thank yall I dont have a stove because the only apartment we can afford's electicity circut wont take one we can only have a 10 gallon hot water heater to. It sucks but its all we can get right know. Again thank yall for the help.
    K3lly94

Comment by K3lly94 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010