Is it true that mormons believe.... adult content

that women shouldn't enjoy sex? My husband told me that the Mormons believe that a woman should no interest in sex as a matter of fact, she should fine it painful. Is this true? It sounds absurd to me.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 9:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Interesting!
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No. I mean, there IS the same Christian stigma on sexuality that all Abrahamic religions have, and a woman's pleasure is typically undervalued in most religions, but in all the time I've spent with mornons and in the morrmon church (was almost baptized), I have never heard that. Mormons do believe, however, that having a sexual thought before marriage, or about someone other than your spouse, is the second worst sin (second only to murder).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• This is one of those lovely misconceptions that pop up occasionally. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Sex is wonderful. It is a special, sacred form of intimacy to be enjoyed equally by both the husband and the wife. I've been stressing a little lately because since I had our first baby 3 months ago, my libido isn't where it used to be. But I'll tell you, I love having sex with my DH, and we were still going strong up until the night our DS was born. I have never been told in any way, shape, or form, that enjoying sex is bad. Actually, I've been told just the opposite - that we should both do everything in our power to make it a joyous experience for both of us.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Asked a Mormon Friend: They said that regular Mormons believe that sex is an expression of love between two married people. The Fundamentalists believe that sex is only a right of delivering more children and are appalled at women enjoying it. (wonder how they feel about the boys???)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• no untrue.. sex is a fulfilling part of any union..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• well my bff from high school is Mormon and she looked forward to sex as much as any other hormonal teenager did...only she made sure to always say "after im married of course".
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've never heard that.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I dunno.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I dont know about Mormons...but Amish believe that the woman should not desire enjoy or want sex. But I dont know about the painful part.
    Anonymous

• I dont know about Mormons...but Amish believe that the woman should not desire enjoy or want sex. But I dont know about the painful part. "

Says who? I'm pretty sure as long as it's with their husband, it's okay to desire it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010