How do I cope with a long distance relationship with my seabee boyfriend? Also, he will be leaving for afghanistan in April next year, how should I handle this?

hummingbird312

Asked by hummingbird312 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• How long have you known him? Do you plan on getting married? How old are you ? How old is he? .....Long distance relationships are hard....him going into a war zone will make it even harder....that being said....write to him, email him, and send him packages...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• GL!! long distance is hard not only will yours be long distance.. it will be long periods of time in btw you seeing each other... if you love him and know he is the one then you will make it.. hard or not.. but if you are uncertain.. maybe you should be friends and see where you guys end up later in life
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thanks for the replies Anna92464 and Ross2010. I appreciate them very much. We’ve known each other since January 2010. We haven’t really talked about marriage yet, however, before he left CA, he asked me if I would be willing to relocate to wherever he gets assigned at after this current assignment (he will have 3 more years before he retires) and I, of course, said “yes”. I’m in Southern California and he recently just got a new 3 ½ year assignment in Washington DC. I’m 40 and he is 43 years old (and never been married). I agree, LDR is hard, I’ve never been in one but I’m certainly finding that out now little by little. But I do love him and I think he loves me too. I’m just afraid that it will even be harder once he leaves for Afghanistan. But I will definitely write, e-mail and send him packages whenever I have the chance. In fact, I will make it a point to always to that.
    hummingbird312

Comment by hummingbird312 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010