Have you tried Proactive skin care products?

What do you think of Proactive.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 9:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, I've tried Proactive and I love it! The only thing besides rubbing alcohol that keeps my skin clear. o_O
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I didn't like it. It dried my skin out pretty bad and just didn't work on my blemishes at all. I'd have to scrub my face down every wash to get the dead skin off, and when I wore makeup you could see the dry skin. Made it look very cakey, and gross.

I've had much better results with Mary Kay cleansers.

Getting charged 40.00 for the last 5 months is not fun either. $200.00 bucks worth of Proactiv just rotting away. It's a bad thing when I have the shipment still coming in and refuse to get anywhere near it LOL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes, I have. And I have about 5 months worth of the crap new in the box sitting in my closet because they somehow keep "messing up" when they're trying to cancel my order.

Does that tell you anything? LOL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• eeeks doesn't sound good.
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I tried Proactive and it made my skin worse than what is was. Also I asked for a refund of my money during their guarantee period and they tried every way to Sunday to NOT refund my money. After making complaints to the BBB and the mall where their Kiosk was they finally refunded my money 90 days after the 30 day guarantee. Needless to say once I was finished with them they can no longer sell in the Mall in our town. They DO NOT honor their written guarantee.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Uhg, I had horrible acne before i got it, then it made my acne even WORSE which at the time I didn't think was possible. I will never use them again.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I prefer clean and clear
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• it dried my skin out and didn't clear anything up...Get a clarisonic face brush and a mild cleanser...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I tried them in high school a few years ago. I liked them for the first month I used them, but after that I broke out 10x more often than before using them, so we stopped getting them. They dried my skin out so bad, too. Now I use a Neutragena face wash for anti-wrinkle and anti-blemish, and a regular moisturizer by Neutragena with high SPF. It's worked wonders for my skin since I started using it. I still get bumps, but they go away in like a day and a half.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I used it b/c it was supposed to be so gentle. My skin is so sensitive but it made my skin almost blister and then it peeled.

colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 4:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010