Do you all ever notice how the Spanish channels when they show the news they show EVERYTHING...!!!

i am Spanish so i grew up watching the Spanish news and OMG it's crazy they show bodys, drugs and go into full details no beep beep anything...and CNN and FOX or whatever are more cover up...if they show a body it has a BLANKET OVER IT...

Just an observation...

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 9:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm from Italy and it's the same over there, they show everything, if somebody was killed they always show you the blood on the ground. If you notice here they don't say about the details of the murders either, it's nice how the NEWS here are about information and they're not a creepy horror show just made to attract people to watch it.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• That is because the media in the U.S. slice and dice and sanitize the news.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• the us is afraid to show he morbidity
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Well, I have never watched a Spanish News Channel as I speak ZERO Spanish. I was the idiot that took French.

But that is totally interesting! Would definitely agree that it would be a more accurate and sensible presentation of the news.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• As a mom, the LAST thing I needed to have spiking in my psyche was horrific reality pictures ... I stayed away from horror movies, and they were just pretend!

I understand the damage that horror movies do (and, again, they are pretend), and the much much worse damage of erotic or porn movies. (Yes, I know I'm going to catch flak for saying this, but it used to be the case that anyone who spoke out against smoking around children or against the hazards of alcohol would catch a lot of flak from people who didn't want any criticism about those two vices)

And seeing actual reality-horror cannot be okay. The fact that it comes right into your livingroom without warning when it's on a news show is even worse.

It's called low-class ... in poor taste ... vulgar ... lacking in sensibility ... etc.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• In cultures where kids deal with realities like birth and death in their everyday lives, santizing the news to protect them from pictures of things they are likely to see in their daily lives is pretty ignorant. It's only here where we coddle our children so much that the very suggestion of reality might put them in therapy for years that we have to sanitize everything lest we break them. 100 years ago, kids were exposed to reality as they watched farm animals go through their life cycle, saw their mother give birth at home, and saw their older relatives die and be waked at home. Today we need special books just to figure out how to explain their dog died.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It's only here where we coddle our children so much that the very suggestion of reality might put them in therapy for years that we have to sanitize everything lest we break them.

***

Only until mom and dad bring home violent video games, and then the coddled children become desensitized to violence.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My kids when they where teens they loved watching the Spanish News shows(like ET) where they did show somethings over and over again.
    Like a bull fighter that got his face turn off by the bull and they showed that over and over. He got his face fixed.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Only until mom and dad bring home violent video games, and then the coddled children become desensitized to violence.

No, then they learn that violence has no real consequences and still have no coping skills.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No, I don't watch Spanish channels
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010