Does Catholic Charities adoption agency have a good reputation?

Is this an ethical agency? Do they have a good reputation for fair and honest dealing with birth families?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Adoption

• I don't know anything about them. ~~ But, have you considered finding a family that you already know, or that knows someone? It seems like there are families everywhere that are looking to adopt a baby, and that way you would be able to feel comfortable sorta knowing who they are. Does that even make any sense?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have heard great things about Catholic Charities especially the one here in Portland, Oregon. They offer open adoption where the birth mother can stay in contact with the child after adoption. You can also choose closed where you don't have contact with the baby, its up to you... They are an excellent option. And they really care about the birth mother. They will house you until you have the baby and will provide you with a room, bed, blankets, meals and once the baby is born they provide the birth mother with diapers etc. until the adoption is completed. Speaking with them is very confidential and you can schedule an appointment and ask all the hard questions and then decide if you like them.
    Anonymous

• From what I know, my sil and my own brother both adopted via them. They are very happy, and both have open adoptions with birth mom.
    p6cakes

Answer by p6cakes at 10:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• never used the adoption agency but i have used other services when i was younger and theyre a pretty good very legit organization, but as with agencgy be sure to get references and ask any and all ?S you may have.. go with your gut its never wrong! good luck!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• take a look around the web to see how Catholic Conferences lobby HARD along with NCFA to keep adoption records sealed. google for adoptees searching for their family thru CC....they are known as one of the 'worst' of the secret keepers in adoption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My friend adopted her baby through them and it went wonderfully well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• NO! And not only do they not treat birth families properly, they treat Adult Adoptees like crap too.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i never went thew them but i kuow they help with a lot of stuff have u tryed other agency
    Anonymous

• Why would you want to go thru an agency that wants to keep their "commodity's" origins a secret from the very commodity?
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• In my state, yes. But I can only speak for them.
    I know of MANY good agencies if you want to contact me.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 7:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008